From Australia, the metal detecting industry received the glory that is Minelab, and from Germany came the GER Detect Company. The Titan GER 1000 is one of their advanced models with features that appeal to the more experienced detectorist.
Thanks to the several advanced features, the Titan GER 1000 stands atop the metal detecting market. It’s one of the priciest yet most advanced models. It showcases the evolution of metal detectors since the metal detecting boom in the 70s and 80s.
Long since the time, Garrett ruled the metal detecting industry. Currently, we have other brands like Minelab and GER Detect Company posing heavy competition. Fortunately, that has offered various options to the average detectorist.
But how does this mammoth of a unit fair? Are all those features necessary? Let me help you figure out whether the Titan GER 1000 is worth the price and the money.
👉Hey David here the guy behind this website. Check Out My Favorite Metal Detecting Equipment Below 👍 Recommended
I’m frequently asked what machines I use and recommend. No doubt about it, for the beginner get the Nokta Makro Simplex + Kit it’s the best. 100% waterproof, wireless headphones and pinpointer
The next thing you need is a great shovel, believe me when I say you’ll dig more knowing you can dig FASTER. The nearly bullet proof Lesche T- Handle Shovel is the most comfortable heavy duty shovel I’ve ever used.
Metal Detecting and Beaches are a perfect match. To search a beach you’ve GOT TO HAVE A SAND SCOOP. CKG Sand Scoops are heavy duty and able to be used as a shovel.
If it’s time up UP YOUR GAME , get the industry standard metal detector. The Minelab Equinox 800 IS THE BEST. Okay it’s not cheap, but your finds are going to increase with this machine.
The Titan GER 1000 Review
GER Detect Company released a variety of gold metal detectors. But nothing quite like the Titan GER 1000. The Titan series contains two other models:
- The Titan GER 500
- The Titan GER 400
They do have other gold metal detectors like the Golden Way Detectors. Still, the Titan series has truly made a name for itself in the market. The Titan GER 1000 is an advanced unit that offers advanced features for the skilled detectorist. (source)
The Titan GER 1000 is nothing like the Minelab Equinox 800; you really can’t compare these metal detectors. The GER 1000 is in a league of its own. It’s all thanks to the incredible features of this unit. Let’s look at what GER Detect offers with the GER 1000.
Features Of the Titan GER 1000
I. The Five Search Systems
The Titan GER 1000 comes with an incredible five search systems. You’ve probably seen other search systems like the Minelab GPX 6000, which has two simple search systems, difficult and normal. The difficult search system is the default search system with the unit. (source)
The Titan GER 1000 overhauls that simplistic (but still practical) idea with something more complex. The five search modes are one of the GER selling points and one reason that makes it appealing to skilled detectorists. Here are the five search systems:
- The Long-range Detection System
- The Ionic fields detection search system
- 3D imaging detection search system
- Magnetometer detection search system
- Pulse induction detection search system
Let’s get into the details of these five search systems.
- The Long-Range Detection System
According to GER Detect Company, users can detect targets feet away from them. The GER 1000 is incredibly accurate. Users can move towards the target. The unit will still retain the target’s location despite the initial long distance from the target. So, what’s the range? Users get various ranges starting from 500 meters, 1000,1500, 2000, or 2500 meters. Furthermore, you also get a depth of 45 meters.
- The Ionic Fields Detection Search System
The Ionic Search System is a revolutionary search system in the metal detecting field. It’s relatively new, and from the information we have so far, the ionic search system is the best way to find underground gold deposits. (source).
According to scientists, gold dissolves as ions in water. When the ions interact with the soil, they create an ionic field. When users run the GER 1000 with the Ionic Field Detection Search System, they can find gold in an underground gold-rich zone. (source)
Furthermore, thanks to the increased depth offered by the Titan GER 1000, you will reach the gold-rich zone with minimal effort. According to a study, the gold-rich zone is typically 30 meters below the earth’s surface, depending on your area.
Metal Detecting Tip: According to the manual offered by GER Detect Company, do not wear watches or any form of jewelry while handling the devices. This warning is to increase the maximum efficiency of your unit while gold hunting. Even your belt could pose a threat.
- 3D Imaging Detection Search System
You can now see 3D images from the ground as you scan the area. Not only that, but you can visualize the target from three different directions, the top, the bottom, and the side. This search system lets users see what precisely the metal detector is picking up.
Whether it’s a gold nugget, treasure, metals, etc., you can now discern targets before digging them out of the ground. This search system is a tier above numerous metal detectors in the industry.
- Magnetometer Detection Search System
Thanks to the 45-meter depth indicator, users can search for magnetic metals such as iron thanks to this search system.
- Pulse Induction Detection Search System
Last but not least is the PI Detection Search System. Pulse Induction is the best technology to find gold. You’ll find multiple gold metal detectors using PI because of its efficiency. Currently, ZVT is a rising technology for newer models. However, PI remains a consistent favorite for manufacturers.
The Titan GER 1000 offers PI as a search system. Furthermore, users can automatically calibrate the PI search system. It will have little interference from external factors such as wet soil, metal rock, or hard ground.
II. Operating Frequency
The Titan GER 1000 has an interesting operating frequency. For the pulse inductor system, the operating frequency is 350Hz, whereas the operating frequencies for the other search systems are 500 kHz.
III. Data Processing Speed
Like the operating frequency, the PI system has a different data processing speed than the other search systems. The PI System has a data processing speed of 20 MHz, while the other systems have a data processing speed of 8MHz.
IV. Battery Time
GER Detect Company offers different battery times for different search systems. The PI System comes with a 10-hour battery time, while the other search systems come with an 18-hour battery time. The unit also comes with a battery charger. Furthermore, the unit has a recharge time of four hours.
The Titan GER 1000 coil is waterproof up to a depth of 30cm. This waterproof depth is relatively typical for the majority of metal detectors. On the other hand, the metal detector itself is not waterproof.
Metal Detecting Tip: Do not use the Titan GER 1000 while raining or wet. Remember that only the coil is waterproof. The rest of the metal detector doesn’t share the same waterproof ability.
The GER 1000 comes with two coils. It offers a large coil that is 45 cm in diameter and a smaller coil that is 20 cm in diameter.
The Titan GER 1000 weighs 8600g which is 8.6 kgs or 18.95 lbs.
VIII. LCD Screen
The Pulse Induction systems screen has graphics (LCD) (128 x 64 px). At the same time, the other search systems have a touch screen with full color (98mm x 57mm / 480×270 px).
Now that all the features are on display, we can list out the pros and cons of the Titan GER 1000. Even as a hulk of a metal detector, it has some flaws that users and prospective buyers should consider.
This unit is by no means a budget-friendly metal detector. It is a massive investment.
Pros Of the Titan GER 1000
- The five search systems, individually, are formidable. They offer advanced and varying search options that users can quickly utilize.
- The model comes with a depth indicator of 45 meters.
- The Titan GER 1000 is ISO 9001 Certified.
- The GER 1000 is not affected by terrain and soil.
- Users can utilize the device in four languages: German, English, Arabic, and French.
- This model is suitable for advanced detectorists.
- The LCD screen comes with a backlight.
Cons Of the Titan GER 1000
- The model is priced extremely high.
- The model is not beginner-friendly at all. I would not recommend this unit to a beginner or a hobbyist.
- The Titan GER 1000 is substantially heavy. According to GER Detect Company, the total weight of the metal detector is 8.6kgs.
- Only the metal detecting coil is waterproof. The rest of the Titan GER 1000 is not waterproof.
- The model has a steep learning curve.
- It’s not easy to switch between the search systems.
Thoughts On the Titan GER 1000
The Titan GER 1000 is innovation at its finest. The unit brings in the revolutionary technology that promises to advance the metal detecting industry. The five search modes make it so that users don’t have to bother with essential features such as discrimination and sensitivity because the unit automatically adjusts those features.
The LCD screen is pretty impressive and paired with the 3D imagery search system, it is a force to reckon with in the metal detecting industry. Furthermore, the Ionic Fields Detection System is a well-needed touch to this mammoth.
Along with the other four, this search system enables users to a successful and efficient gold hunt. There are very few negative statements about the Titan GER 1000. The build is phenomenal. It strives to create a prospecting session that focuses more on the hunt and less on the tuning of the metal detector.
For all its worth, the Titan GER 1000 will perform as required, and you have the assurance of good results from your gold hunt. Of course, there are other factors to consider, but the performance of your metal detector will not be one of them.
Metal Detecting Tip: When the device runs out of battery charge, it will produce a sound. It would be in your best interest not to restart the device until the battery is fully charged. Trying to start the unit may cause unwanted errors that may not fall under your warranty.
The Titan GER 500
It took me a while to figure out that the Titan GER 500 is no more but what we have in its place is a worthy replacement. GER Detect Company provided detectorists with the Titan GER 500 Plus. I think they upgraded the original version, gave it a plus, and some other features, which we’ll discuss.
Regardless, you can still find remnants of the Titan GER 500, and thankfully, its manuals are all over the internet. The GER 500 Plus (which we’ll be considering) is a diamond gold detector, unlike the GER 1000. So, you can rest your discerning eye and see it as it is: a diamond-based metal detector. (source)
Can you compare it with the Titan GER 1000? Unlikely and I do not recommend you should. The GER 500 plus operates differently from the GER 1000 and offers different features for the user.
As shared earlier, the Titan GER 1000 is a gold metal detector. It would be in your best interest to compare the model with other models in its category, such as the GER Diamon Hunter Detector.
Thoughts On the Titan GER 500 Plus
As a diamond metal detector, I am not unimpressed by the GER 500 Plus. It offers some of the fantastic features of the GER 1000. Moreover, it retains similar shortcomings, such as the steep learning curve required for the unit.
GER Detect Company offers the same level in operating frequency and battery time. However, the 500 is slightly lighter, coming in at 4.95 kgs or 9.9 lbs. You may also notice that the 500 Plus looks somewhat similar to the 500 except for a few details.
Regardless, the general shape of these models remains the same.
The Titan GER 400 Smart Detector
Fortunately, the German manufacturers still offer the GER 400, and it’s also a gold metal detector, so we can give a short review of the model and compare it to the GER 1000.
GER Detect Company shares that the GER 400 is an easy-to-use metal detector with some (the keyword here is some) of the incentives of the GER 1000. (source)
The GER 400 comes with three search systems:
- The long-range search system.
- The ionic fields search system.
- The VLF Electromagnetic Detection System.
An interesting point of this device is the ease users can switch among the search systems as long as all the parts are in place and functioning. Furthermore, you get a maximum operating frequency of 500 kHz. The device does come with a long-range sensor but not as long as the GER 1000.
Similarly, only the coil is waterproof. The rest of the metal detector is not. You do receive one coil that is 30 cm along the diameter.
Thoughts on the GER 400?
It’s an agreeable unit compared to the GER 1000. It lacks in some aspects but shines in others. They have similarities, but the GER 1000 is a far superior metal detector.
Is The Titan GER 1000 Worth It?
I would say the Titan GER 1000 is a worthy investment. It is extremely pricey, and the fact that it came from abroad doesn’t make it any easier or cheaper. You can see the work that went into the GER 1000, and the fact that it produces incredible results is only an incentive to buy the Titan GER 1000.
What do You Need For Beach Metal Detecting?
I’m going to provide an ESSENTIAL beach gear list. Everyone wants to enjoy beach time and dragging a pile of gear to the beach sucks.
- A great multi-frequency metal detector. Different metals react to different frequencies. Having a machine that utilizes multiple frequencies at the same time will greatly improve finding gold and coins. The Best Value is the Nokta Makro Legend check prices and reviews on Amazon with this shortcut link -> Nokta Makro Legend
- A great pinpointer, I’m an absolute believer in wireless tech. For years I would get tangled in my headphone wires. GO WIRELESS the Nokta PulseDive links to the Legend’s wireless headphones. Since it’s built for diving, it’s Heavy Duty. Short cut link to Amazon – Nokta Makro PulseDive
- Get a heavy duty sand scoop, I’ve bought the cheap plastic and metal scoops – NOT GOOD. They usually break within a day. 2+ years later I’m still hammering on my CKG Metal Detecting Sand Scoop <- Link to Amazon
David Humphries, Writer and Creator of METAL DETECTING TIPS. After borrowing my son’s detector and finding $.25. I felt like a treasure hunter. FREE MONEY! I was seriously bitten by the metal detecting bug.
Read about David -> HERE
Want to send me a question – contact
- GER Detect Company, “GER Detect Company” GER Detect Company, Accessed 11th March 2022 https://gergermany.de/index.php?la=en
- GER Detect Company, “The Titan GER 1000 Detector”, GER Detect Company, Accessed 11th March 2022 https://gergermany.de/gold-and-metal-detectors/titan-ger-1000.php?la=en
- BR Systems, “Ionic Search System, BR Systems, Accessed 11th March 2022, https://brdetector.com/product-tag/ionic-search/.
- Lintern, M., Anand, R., Ryan, C. et al. Natural gold particles in Eucalyptus leaves and their relevance to exploration for buried gold deposits. Nat Commun 4, 2614 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1038/ncomms3614
- GER Detect Company, “The Titan GER 500 Plus Detector”, Accessed 11th March 2022, https://gergermany.de/diamond-and-gemstone-detectors/titan-ger-500.php?la=en.
- GER Detect Company, “The Titan GER 400 Detector”, Accessed 11th March 2022, https://gergermany.de/gold-and-metal-detectors/titan-400-smart.php?la=en.